Regarding the Swab Test to Enter Bali, Governor of Bali Wayan Koster Affirms Health and Safety is the Top Priority
- 16 Desember 2020
- 21:12 WITA
DENPASAR, Balitopnews.com - Governor of Bali Wayan Koster emphasized that the health and mental safety issues of the community are the top priority ahead of the 2021 Christmas and New Year (Nataru) holidays.
Governor Koster made this affirmation regarding the Circular (SE) of the Governor of Bali Number 2021 of 2020 which obliges travelers to enter the Island of the Gods by air transportation to show a certificate (Suket) with a negative result of the PCR-based Swab test. This Circular Letter is valid from 18 December 2020 to 4 January 2021.
In the SE Governor of Bali regarding the Implementation of Community Activities During Christmas Holidays and Welcoming 2021 in the New Era of Life in Bali Province, it also regulates that travelers using private vehicles via land and sea transportation are required to show a certificate of negative results of the Rapid Test Antigen test. 2 x 24 hours before departure.
"Therefore, in principle, if you want to travel, you must prioritize health. Not only for himself, but also for the people around him, ”said Governor Koster during the Coordination Meeting for the 2020 Christmas Holidays and the New Year 2021 in the New Era of Bali Life Order at Gedung Gajah, Jayasabha Position House, Denpasar on Wednesday, December 16, 2020.
Governor Koster admitted that this decision was quite "shocking" for various parties, given the tight timing. "Central government directives, Swab tests (to enter Bali, red) and cannot be negotiated. There are no arguments, of course we have to follow (central government directives, red), "he explained.
"And the message is that we must really protect Bali so that there will be no increase in infections due to the increase in people coming to Bali. Don't let our good handling so far be "broken" again, "he added.
For this reason, the Governor of Bali said that various interested parties need to sit together to address the crucial moments of the year-end holidays. Because it is estimated that there will be an increase in the number of tourist arrivals who are going on vacation to Bali.
Governor Koster said this, especially regarding the handling of Covid-19, whose pandemic period has yet to show signs of ending soon.
"Initially, I would use the old rules for the requirements of people entering Bali. But in the direction of the Minister (Menko Marves, red) December 14, it was decided as stated in the Circular Letter Number 2021 of 2020, "Governor Koster said.
The Governor of Bali said that in fact, numerically and statistically, it is far away from other provinces that are prioritized for handling Covid-19. However, along the way, Bali will still receive special priority considering its image as a world tourist destination.
"We have special control from the central government. And this decision is a joint decision at the national level meeting with the central and regional governments, Ministers and Governors throughout Indonesia are not the will of the Governor of Bali alone," he said.
Governor Koster explained that in terms of the number of cases in other regions is still high. However, Bali itself is included in the area with good handling seen from the cure rate which is more than 91 percent.
"We are number one, higher than DKI Jakarta's recovery rate. For that we, province to district must be firm and in line with central instructions. The President is even more emphatic in his statement that public safety is the highest law. What does it mean? We in the regions must be strict and firm in elaborating, "he explained.
"We must maintain this achievement, and if necessary, make it even better. For this reason, policies in the context of the end of this year must really be well managed, "he said.
The governor of Bali also said that the firmness in this regulation was part of the preparations for opening the door to the arrival of international tourists later. Although until now there has not been a single country that has opened its flight doors.
"But we have a process for preparation. Travel and health are two things that cannot be compared apple to apple. But there is a middle ground, namely the implementation of strict health protocols, "he said.
"If this policy goes well, it will have an impact on the image of Bali. This Bali was saved and protected by the central government with support and commitment. So don't mess around. Bali is in the spotlight of the world. Never mind the Covid-19 case, even falling needles have become the world's attention, "he warned.
Meanwhile, Bali Police Chief Inspector General Pol Putu Jayan Danu Putra emphasized that the police strongly support the Bali governor's policy to face the Christmas and New Year 2021 holidays. "We are committed to protecting Bali from a spike in Covid-19 cases," he said.
The Regional Police Chief said that the Bali Police had prepared a humanitarian operation entitled Operation Lilin Agung 2020 which prioritized the prevention of problems related to the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
"Early detection and law enforcement are also part of our operations to make Bali safe and comfortable for tourists and the public," he explained.
The police chief described this operation as involving 1414 personnel who would be deployed in various areas that could potentially cause crowds, including at a number of entrances to Bali, such as ports and airports.
The meeting also appeared to be attended by the Bali Provincial Secretary Dewa Made Indra, Danrem 163 / Wirasatya Brigadier General Husein Sagaf, Regional Secretaries or representatives of regencies / cities in Bali, relevant OPD leaders and the ranks of land, sea and air transportation stakeholders in Bali. (Gix )