BaliTopNews - Journalists never die

Alamat Redaksi : Jalan Beji nomor 1, Banjar Bongan Gede, Desa Bongan, Kecamatan Tabanan, Kabupaten Tabanan, Bali

Call:088977952703

info@balitopnews.com

Visiting BPBD Bali Logistics Warehouse, Regional Secretary Dewa Made Indra Ensures Handling Runs Smoothly and BPBD Services Are Not Disrupted

Rabu, 26 Juni 2024

BaliTopNews - Journalists never die

DENPASAR, Balitopnews.com - Regional Secretary of Bali Province, Dewa Made Indra, confirmed that Bali BPBD services would not experience disruption following the fire disaster on Wednesday ( June 26, 2024). "Services must not be disrupted," Dewa Indra said when directly checking the fire location Wednesday afternoon. He asked for immediate post-fire handling, such as coordinating with the Health Service to utilize the Ministry of Health's logistics warehouse in Kuta. BPBD Bali was also asked to coordinate with the PUPR Service to check the structure of the building after the fire, including planning the rebuilding of the building with a budget shift mechanism for urgent needs. Previously, the Chief Executive of the Bali Province BPBD, I Made Rentin, in his press statement to media crew explained the chronology of the fire that burned down the second floor of the logistics warehouse.

 

Previously, the Chief Executive of the Bali Province BPBD, I Made Rentin, in his press statement to media crew explained the chronology of the fire that burned down the second floor of the logistics warehouse. Made Rentin explained that the fire incident was first discovered by Bali BPBD Secretary I Gede Agung Teja Bhusana Yadnya together with a staff member and security guard who saw a cloud of smoke at the top of the two-story building. Three BPBD personnel then carried out extinguishing efforts using a light fire extinguisher (APAR). "They opened the door and went straight to the source of the fire on the second floor, but because the smoke was so thick, the APAR was ineffective and we immediately contacted the Denpasar City Fire Brigade," he explained. In less than five minutes, the Denpasar City Fire Brigade quickly dispatched three fleets so that the fire was extinguished within 1 hour and 20 minutes. "The fire extinguishing was complete at 1.30 P.M and did not spread to the first floor," he said. 

It's worth knowing that at the time of the incident the warehouse was empty of officers because all BPBD Bali Rapid Reaction Team (TRC) personnel were carrying out emergency response simulation training in Margarana, Tabanan

 

Made Rentin further informed that losses arising from the fire were estimated at Rp. 7.9 billion. "We have taken inventory of the losses. The building is estimated to be worth Rp. 1 billion and the burned logistics reached Rp. 6.9 billion," he said. Initial suspicions were that the fire was triggered by a spark originating from an electrical short circuit. "That was our initial suspicion because the electrical installation in the logistics warehouse was old and outdated. "The sparks quickly grew considering that the warehouse stored a lot of flammable materials such as mattresses and masks which were aid from donors during the handling of Covid-19, mostly from Temasek Singapore," he explained. He also believes that this incident was purely an accident and there were no indications of suspicion pointing to anyone. Next, BPBD Bali will focus on handling and cleaning up after the fire disaster. In line with that, Kalaksa BPBD Bali also coordinates with BPKAD regarding the insurance status of burned buildings. "We will cross-check whether this building is insured. "If he is, of course this is a positive thing for us to follow up on," he added. In another part, Made Rentin also informed that BPBD Bali had planned to renovate the logistics warehouse. "The warehouse has been around for a long time, it was built in 2013 with the help of the Ministry of Home Affairs. "We have reported it to the Regional Secretary and the Governor and it has been recommended for total renovation," he said.

Ending his presentation, Made Rentin emphasized that fire accidents can occur anywhere and at any time. Therefore, he encouraged strengthening fire disaster mitigation, especially in office buildings. Coincidentally, said Rentin, the 26th of every month is celebrated as Disaster Simulation Day (HSB). “Well, today is the 26th and we are facing a real disaster, not just a simulation. "A disaster like this cannot be avoided or planned for," he explained. This incident is a valuable lesson for BPBD officials and all levels of the Bali Provincial Government to carry out more detailed checks on the condition of buildings, especially electrical installations and disaster equipment such as fire extinguishers. Rentin explained, there are three things that need attention in mitigation, namely personnel work simulation, electricity and APAR checking. "Numbers two and three are often given less attention, but they are very risky," he said. Closing his press statement, Made Rentin assured that Bali BPBD services would not be disrupted due to this fire disaster. (Rls/Btnc)


Komentar

Berita Terbaru







Terpopuler